|| MDC job advertisement
For: BIMSB Genomics
we are looking for one Master student. .
A Masters project is available in the BIMSB Scientific Genomics Platform.
Research groups at the BIMSB use systems biology approaches to investigate gene regulatory networks, in particular transcriptional and post-transcriptional processes and their integration with major cellular regulatory mechanisms in health and dis-ease states.
A special focus of the Scientific Genomics Platform is to develop and implement cut-ting-edge single-cell genomics tools for application in basic research-oriented pro-jects (e.g. RNA-based regulatory mechanisms and epigenetic phenomena), as well as medically relevant projects (e.g. decoding of genetic or gene-regulatory mecha-nisms with relevance in disease-associated processes).
How single-cell variations in chromatin structure, epigenetic state and transcription are causally linked with each other at individual gene loci during tissue homeostasis and malignancy is still poorly understood. To address this question, we are currently implementing multimodal single cell genomics: the parallel measurement of multiple genomic features within the same cell.
Specific aim of the Masters project is to develop A&T-seq, the first single cell meas-urement of open chromatin coupled with parallel transcriptome sequencing.
The Masters project will include:
• In vitro assays to develop experimental conditions for assembly of specialized A&T-seq transposons.
• In vitro assays to optimize transposition reactions.
• Testing open chromatin detection in human leukemia cells.
• Pilot A&T-seq experiments.
• Bachelor in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or a related sub-ject.
• Strong background in molecular and cellular biology.
• Practical experience with basic molecular biology techniques is a requirement.
• Strong interest in functional genomics.
• Enthusiasm to work in a competitive environment.
• Good spoken and written communication skills in English.
Time limit August 25th 2017
Entry as soon as possible
Limitation 6 months minimum
For further information please contact:
Dr. Thomas Conrad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications should be submitted to Dr. Thomas Conrad(mail to: email@example.com) by August 25th 2017, indicating the regis-tration number 10819/2017, including curriculum vitae and reference letters. Please submit your application as one file, pdf format, maximum size 8 Mb.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please do not send originals as we do not return any papers.
Notice from: 21.07.2017 Valid until: 25.08.2017