|| As of 1st April 2018 Prof. Miriam Rosenbaum-Agler
the chair of
Synthetic Biotechnology at the Faculty of Biology and Pharmacy
of Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena
has an open position for a
Scientific Employee (Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in).
• Masters degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or comparable with excellent grades,
• Mandatory knowledge and practical education in microbiology, desired knowledge in molecular biology, microbial ecology, and experimental design,
• Scientific curiosity, motivation, creativity, and passion,
• Team spirit, independent and cooperative work ethic,
• Very good communication skills and English.
• Independent and strategic planning, managing and conducting of a research project (see below),
• Preparation, communication and discussion of written and oral research reports within and outside of the research group,
• Participation in project development and proposal preparation,
• Preparation of a PhD thesis.
Project outline: Most natural bioconversion processes are performed in microbial cooperation of several microorganisms. So far, such specific and often synergistic interactions of microorganisms are only rarely exploited for biotechnological processes. The Rosenbaum-Lab at HKI seeks to develop the microbiological and biotechnological foundation for these advanced biotechnological processes. Specifically, in this project a cellulose hydrolyzing fungus (Trichoderma reesei) will be partnered and brought in interdependence with different Aspergilli as producers of interesting natural products. The focus of the PhD work will be on the molecular establishment and analysis for the development of strategies for microbial interdependence for a stable microbial co-culture bioprocess.
The PhD position (at 50%) is initially for a 3 year appointment; an extention is possible. The payscale follows the wage agreements for public employees of federal German states (TV-L - E13). Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
For further information: Prof. Rosenbaum-Agler, email@example.com
Applications are exclusively accepted via the HKI-Online Application Portal:
Please familiarize yourself with application process as described on this website and send your complete application documents until latest October 22nd 2017.