|| The Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology at the Max-Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) offers an exceptional PhD Program to support interdisciplinary research projects and international PhD education.
Training is based on our major spectrum of medical systems biology research and technologies. Candidates educated in disciplines such as computational sciences mathematics, physics, biochemistry or molecular biology and sharing our interest in gene regulatory networks are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Mathematical Modeling
• Gene Regulation: microRNAs, Epigenetics, Transcription, RNA Biology
• Genomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Single Cell Analysis and Imaging
• Cell Fate Conversion, Neuronal Differentiation, Reprogramming and Signaling, Developmental Biology
We also offer a Berlin based PhD Exchange Program together with the Center for Genomics and Systems Biology at New York University (NYU). The program is embedded into the research and training activities of the Helmholtz Graduate School Molecular Cell Biology (MDC) and the Department of Biology (NYU). Doctoral training with up to four year funded positions plus travel allowances and housing support is provided.
The program offers:
• interdisciplinary research training in top ranking labs
• projects that are dually mentored by a group leader from MDC and NYU
• students are supported to spend up to fifty percent of their time at NYU
• access to and training in high-end technologies, such as deep sequencing, mass spectrometry, bioinformatics
• an extensive and comprehensive archive of animal model systems
• participation in interdisciplinary classes, soft skills courses, student focused seminars and specialized summer schools
• regular opportunities to present your research at the BIMSB Student Seminar and attend the Systems Biology Lecture Series
For further information, please visit our website at www.mdc-berlin.de/en/bimsb
Highly motivated candidates who hold or anticipate receiving a Master’s or an equivalent degree in a relevant field no later than August 2018 are encouraged to apply online via our application portal. Application deadline is 1 December 2017.