The Medical Faculty of the Martin-Luther-University Halle (Germany) is announcing a Ph.D. position at the Institutes of Molecular Medicine and Physiology. Employment will be granted for three years according to regular German salaries (65% TVL-13).
• Master’s degree in life sciences (e.g. biochemistry or biology)
• High motivation to do lab work
• Interest in basic biomedical research
• Basic knowledge of molecular biology (e.g. Cloning, Western Blot)
• Skills in RNA biology (e.g. RNA-isolation, RT-qPCR)
• Experience in mammalian tissue culture
• English: Fluent in spoken and written
The Ph.D. student will be employed within the junior group ‘Non-coding RNAs in cardiovascular and neoplastic disease’ under the supervision of Dr. Marcel Köhn. The research will focus on the characterization of RNA binding proteins (APOBEC3D/3F) in acute myeloid leukemia. The functional role of these proteins will be investigated in cell culture models as well as primary tumor material and address if APOBEC3D/3F significantly influence tumor stem cell properties. The overall aim of these analyses will be to determine the relevance of RBPs as novel cancer markers and therapeutic targets.
Please send your application until July 10th to firstname.lastname@example.org using the identification number 7-096/18-H.