|| Are you passionate about understanding the molecular basis of health and disease, and translating your findings into clinical applications?
Are you interested in one of the following topics:
• Cardiovascular research and metabolic diseases
• Cancer and immunology
• Medical systems biology
• Mathematical modeling
• Computational biology
• Translational research
What are we offering?
Situated in an excellent scientific, international and supportive environment, the MDC provides you with:
• Structured PhD program
• Advanced research training, incl. summer schools, and annual PhD retreats
• Individual supervision from expert scientists
• Access to state-of-the-art technology
• Travel grants for external courses and conferences
• Framework program for personal and career development
Students can enroll in one of our thematically focused PhD Exchange Programs:
• The MDC-NYU PhD Exchange Program in Medical Systems Biology
• SignGene - The German-Israeli Helmholtz Research School “Frontiers in Cell Signaling and Gene Regulation”,
or become associated with the interdisciplinary HEIBRiDS Data Science School.
The working language of the program is English.
Berlin is one of the most vibrant cities located in the heart of Europe. It offers an incredible load of entertainment, cultural and recreational activities. Join our community of 400 international PhD students and enjoy studying and living in Germany!
Who are we looking for?
• You are an enthusiastic student with a strong interest in life sciences
• You hold or expect to obtain a Master degree not later than February 2020
• Your degree is in biology, medicine, molecular medicine, chemistry, computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a related field
We are committed to meet today’s challenges in biology and medicine and realize that excellent science requires outstanding researchers. If you aspire to be one of them – welcome to the MDC!
How to apply?
Applications are submitted through our online recruitment portal. The required application documents include a research interest letter, CV, education details, and reference letters of two referees. Applications via email can unfortunately not be accepted.
If you are interested, apply via the application portal: https://www.mdc-berlin.de/application
Application deadline: July 10, 2019.
Successful candidates can start their research project within 6 months after the interviews (latest March 2020).
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.