|| The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging- Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing and the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research. Cologne has emerged as a leading global research cluster with a stellar constellation of institutes and scientists dedicated to ageing research in Life Sciences. We offer up to 12 PhD positions to highly motivated and talented students. The structured Ph.D. training programme within a cutting-edge research environment will start on an individual basis between July 1 and October 1, 2022. The initial contract is limited to three years. Payment is based on the German TV-L E13 scale, 65% if terms and conditions under collective bargaining law are fulfilled or on an equivalently remunerated Ph.D. support contract of the Max Planck Society.
• An outstanding international research environment at the most prestigious ageing research cluster in Europe
• Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
• Ph.D. projects that can be carried out in up to 46 participating research groups of the above-mentioned institutes
• An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
• An individual 3-year career mentoring programme, extensive methods courses and soft skill workshops
• Intensive administrative and scientific support and guidance especially for international students throughout the programme
We are looking for
• Highly qualified and motivated students holding a M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Translational Medicine or a related field
• Students who have already proven their motivation, interest and qualification for the above-mentioned research areas by achieving very good grades in their B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies
• Candidates with very good English skills (C1 level, written and spoken)
• Application deadline: November 15, 2021
• Online application portal: http://www.ageing-grad-school.de
• Contact: email@example.com
The associated institutes are committed to diversity, diversity of perspectives and equal opportunity. Applications from people with a disability and their peers are especially welcome, people with a disability are preferred if equally qualified. Furthermore, we seek to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.